Girl child education – Education is one thing no one can take away from you .
We took up another big step in this stream ‘ HAPPY SCHOOL’ program which is under literacy mission taken up by Rotary Club and Inner wheel Club which aims to provide /upgrade the infrastructural and co-scholastic facilities in state funded schools to make them secure ,attractive and happy learning places for students and teachers.
Happy school project
To convert any school into HAPPY SCHOOLthe following facilities need to be provided :
- Provide for clean, painted and well-maintained school building
- Construct/repair/modify clean separate toilet for boys and girls
- Provide library facility and equip it with books
- Provide benches and desks
- Arrange for safe/adequate drinking water
- Equip children with unform and footwear
- Provide a separate room for teacher
We took up this project on our shoulder by conducting a survey in many areas, lastly state government funded Kannada medium school number 3 for girls from standard 1st to 7th, near Golgumbaz station road, Vijayapura with 280 students, was adopted under this NGO.
- Provision of separate toilets along with the drainage line was done
- Infrastructure including 1000 books, library table, book shelf, chairs, educational charts, etc. were provided and proper library was set up.
- Entire school building was, exterior and interior, was cleaned and painted.
- Footwear including shoe and socks were given to each and every child.
- A separate room for teachers was facilitated
- Aqua guard water purifier was provided with separate tank for drinking water
- Apart from all these all the indoor game equipment’s like skipping rope, carrom boards, chess boards, ludo, snake and ladder, etc. and outdoor game equipment’s like badminton racket, cock, net, ring, football were also given to the students to carry on the sports activity.
Teachers were given special training about teaching and maintenance of the class. Girls studying in 6th and 7th standard were given a special workshop and personal hygiene and health nutrition. High authorities of Inner wheel and Rotary club visited to cross-check the work and announced this school as one of the best happy school done in the shortest time of just 3 months. Even after this the school was not left, steel plates for all the students were sponsored.
Every year house-wise T-shirts which are to be worn on Saturdays are given. Here all the students and the teachers are divided into four houses to participate and compete all the competitions held in the school. Educating a girl is a priceless gift, one that can continue to bless her throughout her life.
We don’t even stop here, a follow-up program is carried out, the girls passing-out from the school in 7th standard generally don’t continue there schooling. A counselling and guidance program are done with their parents and the girls are motivated to continue the education. Even financial support is provided in paying the fees, books, etc. we are proud to announce the girls are now in courses like B.Sc. nursing, diploma in commercial practice, computer science, diploma in lab technician, etc.